Monday, February 27, 2006

Oh Honey, that's not a little pregnant!

So I get this phone call this am from JJ's cousin's wife. The cousin and wife who are "Never having kids"

Jess: I think I'm pregnant.
Me: What makes you think that.
Jess: Well I havn't had a period since November.
Me: Um. Yeah. Get a test. Either You're pregnant or something else is wrong.
Jess: I took four of them
Me: You're pregnant.
Jess: So the doctor ordered blood work this morning. He's doing a quant. What's that?
Me: They're measuring the hormone in your blood to find out how far along you are.


So she calls me back later with her results.

THIRTEEN WEEKS!

She's flown through her first trimester without even realizing it, all the while taking her BCP and stuff. So needless to say I spent the morning trying to calm her down.

Might I throw in that they have no insurance and just used all thier savings on buying a new house.

Oi to the Vey.

2 comments:

B said...

Congragulations to your cousin and wife! That was hilarious, watch CC call you up like that :P.

Unknown said...

Is that dangerous? -Elevated levels of estrogen with a baby in the womb? That's gotta be dangerous. :(