Monday, December 18, 2006

My husband is just brilliant. Lemme tell ya.

So DH went out of town on a business trip last week. He was gone until friday. NO biggie, I stayed at someone elses house with DD, to make things easier for me (our heat source is a fireplace and it is not easy for me to bring in wood, start fire, etc with just me and the toddler)

I come home friday afternoon to find that the pipe going to teh washing machine apparantly froze and burst (it was supposed to have been turned off. *looks at DH*) so I call my grandfather to come over and get the water shut off, before it turns into an even bigger mess.

DH doesn't get home until late friday night (11-12 ish) so I send DD to her grandma's for the night, so I can attempt to clean up some of the mess so it doesn't freeze again to make ice.

DH goes to fix it and decides he can make it easier to use and less likely to freeze/burst again, all he has to do is reroute it blah blah blah.

So its now Tuesday of this week (I haven't washed since wed. of last week) and he rigs up his new super easy pipe system. Great

So Wednesday evening I start a load of clothes

WATER Leaking everywhere, out of washer, our of pipes.

DH says oh I know whats wrong. I'll fix it tom.

THursday--no fix

Friday--no fix

Saturday--make trip to Sutherlands (similar ot lowes) and get new hoses for washer, etc. DH works on pipes for 1.5 hours. Says okay its ready to go.

YAY Laundry time because its really piling up now.

Boo--- THE RINSE CYCLE DOESN"T WORK

Sunday--I have a washing machine with no rinse cycle still. DH in all his geniousness cannot figure out what the problem is.

*sigh*

Looks like I'll be making a trip to the laundry mat this week. WooHoo.

WHy do men insist they know better and try to "fix" things?

all he had to do was replace one little small pvc pipe. *sigh*

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awwwww.

*hugs*

Stupid man!!

What kind of pox would you like on him?

CC said...

This sounds all too familiar. My DH does the same thing.